Panasonic DC-GH5 II
- 20.3MP Live MOS Sensor with AR Coating
- DCI/UHD 4K 60p Video, 10-Bit Internal
- Pre-Installed V-Log L, No Crop 4K Video
- 6.5-Stop 5-Axis Dual I.S. 2
- 0.76x 3.68m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.84m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- 225-Area DFD AF, Advanced Subject Detect
- Livestream Video via Wi-Fi
- 6K and 4K PHOTO Modes
A 3" 1.84m-dot rear TFT LCD monitor provides flexible framing, high visibility, and vivid color to support viewing from a variety of angles. An updated 5-axis sensor stabilization system works with Lumix O.I.S lenses to activate Dual I.S. 2 for highly-effective shake correction. Previously limited to 5 stops of shake reduction, this now means you can compensate for up to 6.5 stops of shutter speed. A Depth-from-Defocus autofocus system benefits both still and video recording modes ensuring fast and precise focus. The GH5 II features human face, eye, head, body, and animal recognition. Deep Learning technology detects the eye and face approximately twice as fast as the GH5 allowing you to concentrate on the composition of your photos and videos. Designed for today's creators and audiences, the easy-to-use Lumix Sync app for smartphones and tablets provides high-quality livestreaming with minimum equipment. Livestreaming via a router is available as well with Lumix Network Setting Software. Whether indoors or outdoors, only the camera and a smartphone are required to reach an audience, making the GH5 II an ideal camera for electronic news gathering, travel, event, lecture, and live commerce applications.
20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor with AR Coating and Venus Engine
Featuring a 20.3MP Digital Live MOS sensor with a newly developed AR Coating, the GH5 II boasts an evolved Venus Engine Imaging Processor. These updates suppress ghosting and flare in backlit scenes, offer a 25% increase in dynamic range, and improve color gradation and reproduction. Multipixel Luminance Generation technology maximizes sharpness and faithfully reproduces brightly illuminated scenes. It offers excellent three-dimensional color control and precise noise reduction techniques for shooting at sensitivities up to ISO 25600. It also enables shooting speeds up to 12 fps with AF-S or manual focus modes.
4K Video Recording
The GH5 II features outstanding video performance for professional videography and is capable of unlimited video recording in various settings. It can record DCI and UHD 4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit and simultaneously output 4:2:2 10-bit over HDMI during 4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit internal recording. An HDMI port is present on the camera for high-quality output for use with external monitors and recorders. The camera also offers high bit-rate recording for highly detailed images free of compression artifacts.
For more advanced users, multiple picture styles provide two types of Cinelike gamma presets in the Photo Style. With these modes warm skin tones or delicate nuances of light and shadow can be reproduced without color grading over V-Log footage. The Cinelike D2 setting gives priority to dynamic range while Cinelike V2 prioritizes contrast. L. Monochrome S and L. Classic Neo have also been added, and all these modes can be used for anamorphic video recording.
The GH5 II is designed to be an expandable system, with multiple options available to help improve video recording capabilities. Examples of this are an optional XLR Microphone Adapter that provides XLR inputs and physical controls through a hot shoe connection. Users can also use standard microphones and headphones via the 3.5mm input and output jacks.
Wireless and Wired Livestreaming
Designed for ENG, travel, event, lecture, and live commerce applications, the easy-to-use Lumix Sync app provides high-quality livestreaming with minimum equipment. Whether indoors or outdoors, only the camera and a smartphone are required. Livestreaming via a router is available as well with Lumix Network Setting Software. Additionally, wired USB-LAN IP livestreaming will be supported by a future firmware update.
225-Area Depth-from-Defocus Autofocus System
Boasting a high-speed, high-precision autofocus system, the GH5 II incorporates advanced deep learning technology to detect specific subjects including humans and fast-moving animals. Improved tracking performance quickly recognizes the face and eyes of moving subjects and the human body from a background of moving subjects. The camera keeps tracking the person even if he or she moves quickly, turns their back to the camera, tilts their head, or moves far away. This contrast-detection type focus method benefits both still and video recording modes, as well as subject-tracking applications where color, size, and motion vectors are used to intelligently lock-onto the moving subjects and ensure precise focus. Depth-from-Defocus technology offers lightning-fast calculation of spatial information making it possible to instantly and accurately capture your shots.
Dual I.S. 2
Helping to achieve the utmost sharpness when photographing handheld, an enhanced Dual I.S. 2 system combines the camera's sensor-shift image stabilization technology with lens-based image stabilization to compensate for a broad range of movement types and renders sharper, clearer imagery. Dual I.S. 2 requires the use of compatible Lumix lenses featuring O.I.S., and this updated stabilization system enables the GH5 Mark II to compensate for 6.5 stops of camera shake.
- A large OLED Live View Finder has an impressive 3.68m-dot resolution and 0.76x magnification for eye-level composition.
- A larger means for image composition and playback, the 3" 1.84m-dot rear TFT LCD monitor has a free-angle, tilt-and-swivel design to support viewing from a variety of angles. It is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots provide settings such as Relay Recording to automatically switch cards when one is full; Backup Recording, which records the same data to both cards simultaneously; and Allocation Recording, which lets you save certain files to each card for easier organization.
- Constructed from magnesium alloy with die-cast front and rear frames, the GH5 II features a durable design that also incorporates extensive sealing at each joint, dial, and button to render it both splash and dustproof as well as freezeproof to 14°F.
6K and 4K PHOTO
For instances where a very fast frame rate is needed in order to capture the best moment, 4K PHOTO lets you record 8MP stills at 30 or 60 fps, and 6K PHOTO provides 18MP stills at a 30 fps shooting rate. Both photo modes feature an unlimited recording time, and a pre-burst mode records images one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button, giving you up to 60 frames to choose from.
Other Camera Features
- A mechanical focal plane shutter enables a fast maximum shutter speed of 1/8000 sec, as well as a top flash sync speed of 1/250 sec. An electronic shutter function also avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec to better enable working in bright conditions and with wider aperture settings.
- Depending on the lens in use, the included DMW-BLK22 battery provides approximately 410 shots per charge when using the rear monitor or electronic viewfinder.
- A trio of new Photo Style modes include L. Classic Neo for a film-like effect with a soft and nostalgic feeling, L. Monochrome S for black and white portraits with a gentle look, Cinelike D2 which prioritizes dynamic range, and Cinelike V2 for prioritizing contrast.
- Pre-installed V-Log L for multi-camera recording and editing makes it is easy to match the color tone with the footage recorded by other VariCam-series cameras.
What's In The Box
- DMW-BLK22 Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 2200mAh)
- DMW-BTC15 Battery Charger
- Body Cap
- USB Cable
- Cable Holder
- Embroidered Shoulder Strap
- Limited 2-Year Warranty